Purple Phase Three - Getting Fitter
me+ Services and Care
If you’ve been working through Blue Phase Two for some weeks and feel ready to progress, you can move onto the movements in Purple Phase Three, with your healthcare professional’s permission.
You may get to this stage 8-12 weeks after your surgery. Remember that everyone will progress at different rates so it’s important to listen to your body and only do what you feel ready to.
- You can continue to mix and match the moves from all the phases for as long as you wish.
- Think of each phase as a menu where you can pick and choose the exercises that feel right for you, and continue to do them when you can.
- Just try to make sure you do something every day – little and often is best.
- Remember that everyone will progress at different rates so it’s important to listen to your body and only do what you feel ready to.
- Try to ‘multi-task’ the movements so you can do them while watching TV, when on the phone or while traveling or standing/sitting at your desk.
Order a Copy
To order your free copy of the Purple Phase Three - Getting Fitter handbook, please contact the me+™ support team at 1-800-465-6302, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (EST), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The information in this handbook and series is not intended to provide medical advice. You should speak with your healthcare professional before engaging in physical activity following ostomy surgery. In the event you experience pain or discomfort, stop the activity immediately and contact your healthcare professional.