AQUACEL® SURGICAL cover dressing
Combination dressing with a mix of skin-friendly hydrocolloid technology for comfort during body movement, and proprietary Hydrofiber® Technology to help manage serosanguinous fluid.
Cover layer of polyurethane film provides a waterproof, viral and bacterial barrier (when intact and with no leakage).
- AQUACEL® SURGICAL cover dressing
- 9x30cm (3½" x 12"); for incisions up to 22cm (9")
- 10 per box
Evidence supports that, compared to a non-woven post-operative surgical cover dressing regimen, AQUACEL® SURGICAL cover dressings.1a, 2b:
- Reduce surgical site infection (SSI)
- Reduce skin blistering
- Reduce delayed discharge
- Require fewer dressing changes
- A post-operative regimen using Mephore TM dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing was compared to a new dressing regimen of DuoDERM® Extra Thin dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing after application of a liquid film forming acrylate. A subsequent study demostrated no enhancement of the new dressing regimen by the acrylate.
- Equivalent performance of AQUACEL® SURGICAL cover dressing to DuoDERM® Extra Thin dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing demostrated in in vitro testing.
- Clarke JV, Deakin AH, Dillon JM, Emmerson S, Kinninmonth AWG. A prospective clinical audit of a new dressing design for lower limb arthroplasty wounds. J Wound Care. 2009;18(1):5-9.
- Laboratory Test Comparison of AQUACEL (R) Surgical Dressing 'New Design' and the Jubilee Method of Dressing Surgical Wounds. WHRI3264 TA180. October 7, 2009. Data on file, ConvaTec.